FastForward and МВА25 undertook a project with the involvement of IE School of Human Sciences and Technology. The aim of the visit was to make students of a master program aware of the Chinese business specific character, enable them to participate fully in all space innovations, to ask the market giants and Big Data Analysis experts all essential questions.
7 days! 6 companies! Plenty of insights and innovation!
We would like to give you the most interesting information, received from experts. This country is full of surprises!
The first and most important is to create your clear position. It means:
So, here is our Tour journal
Hema Fresh Hippo and He.Robot Cafe were founded in 2016 by well-known company Alibaba.
He.Robot Cafe. To visit this restaurant, the special application should be installed. You can order through QR-code scanning. The application helps to choose dishes and live fish or crab for it out of the tank. The He.Robot Cafe chefs are the masters, who gained experience at the best restaurants (including Michelin-rated ones). Be ready to receive your order from chef without any waiter. It will be delivered by one of those futuristic robot, like in Alibaba storage).
140 million tourists travel from China to other countries annually and their number is growing rapidly.
Ctrip is second to none in booking tickets from China: the company is fighting not only for the lowest price but also for the clients, offering them different benefits like hotel discounts and shopping coupons in various stores.
We managed to immerse ourselves not only into the company’s atmosphere, but also to the atmosphere and culture of the country in general. So, for example, we were lucky to receive a master class from a real guru of tai chi (martial art, a type of wushu).
Immersion Week in Shanghai gave us even more insights and practical knowledge.
Before starting to work on their own projects presentations, all tour participants visited the birthplace of progressive startups. China Accelarator is part of a huge venture capital fund SOSV (world funds TOP 10%), along with HAX, IndieBio&RebalBio and Food-X.
During the meeting participants learned the main principles of work organization, main differences between an accelerator and business incubator. And on the top of that they found out what to do to attract an investor to one’s project.
Interesting fact about China Accelerator: out of 100% of the inhabitants of the incubator, only 5% were found by active search.The rest 95% were carefully selected from those who submitted external applications. And the so-called "rate of adoption in the family" is the lowest in the world and is only 5%.
China Accelerator coddlesits young talents with such conditions:
The final day of the first week of immersion in the world of Chinese innovation we decided to spend outside of Shanghai.We set off to the city of Hangzhou to visit the Robot City exhibition center.
Innovation Center was founded with the support of the Ministry of Commerce, as well as Korean robot manufacturers that have succeeded in the Chinese market. Participants experienced new helicopter flight simulators, found out the body temperature and pressure in a second, received a hand-painted robot portraits and three times beat the computer in air hockey.
And for dessert, we have reserved for you a piece of insider information that you can learn by visiting our tours in person:
Join FastForward’s management tours and gain the unique experience by industry leaders!
On our tour of Germany, we visited the most famous food exhibition, the Green Week, as well as numerous retail chains and enterprises operating in various interesting industries. We have a lot to learn. We must take the best and use it. Thank you, FastForward, for your careful approach to creating this tour.
We visited several retail stores in Germany, as well as manufacturing facilities. What we liked the most about the stores we visited was the high quality standards of German retail. Retailers know how to sell high-quality goods at affordable prices, and this is probably the main secret of Germany's retail success. As for production, we were inspired by some of the small family businesses we saw.